註:在本單元裡,中文與英譯未採逐句對應。
 

編號

日期

聲音檔

對 話 內 容

    十二月校園學術篇 整段對話 (2'03'')
December (1) Academic Activities

124.

12-01

A : There's a lecture being given by our department today. Would you like to go?
今天系上有一場專題演講,要不要去聽?
   
B : What's the topic and who's the speaker?
講題和主講人是誰呢?

125.

12-02

A : There's a panel discussion held by our department today.
今天系上有一個座談會。
   
B : Are you going to attend?
你要參加嗎?

126.

12-03

A : The whole series of lectures organized by the General Education Program has been really fabulous.
我覺得最近舉辦的每一場通識講座都好精采喔!
   
B : Let's make sure we show up early enough to get a seat next time.
下次要早點去,不然就搶不到位置。

127.

12-04

A : This lecture has been videotaped and will be available on the web.
聽說這場演講有錄影,影片會放上網站。
   
B : That's great. Will the power point notes be made available too?
太棒了!那簡報檔也會放上去嗎?

128.

12-05

A : There'll be an academic conference at the university next month. The moderators and the presenters are all leading scholars.
下個月學校有一場學術研討會,主持人和論文發表人都是一時之選。
   
B : Do you have a program guide for the conference?
有沒有議程表?給我ㄧ份!
   
A : Yeah, but you have to register if you want to attend.
想參加的話,要先報名喔,名額有限!

129.

12-06

A : There are some American exchange students from our sister universities at the English Corner. Do you want to go there and practice your English?
English Corner 有來自美國姊妹校的交換學生,我們可以去那邊和他們聊天,練習說英文!
   
B : But I'm afraid to speak English.
我不敢開口說英文ㄝ。
   
A : Come on. Let's give it a try. The atmosphere is very relaxing there.
試試看嘛,氣氛很輕鬆的!

130.

12-07

A : Do we need to do the presentations individually or can we work in groups?
這次的報告是個人還是分組?
   
B : Either way, but no more than five people can be in a group.
老師說可以一個人,也可以和同學合作,不過一組不能超過五個人。
   
A : Can I join your group?
我跟你一組好嗎?
   
B : But there are already five people in our group.
不早說,我們這一組已經五個人都滿了!

131.

12-08

A : When are we going to have the group discussion?
我們什麼時候要小組討論?
   
B : When would be a good time for you?
看你什麼時候方便!
   
A : My schedule is quite open.
我是 7-11,隨時都可以。

132.

12-09

A : Are you ready to give your presentation next week?
下禮拜要報告的內容你準備好了嗎?
   
B : Not quite. I still have to do some research online.
還沒,我還要再上網找一些資料。

133.

12-10

A : What did you think of my presentation? Did I do well or did I look too nervous?
剛才我上台報告的表現如何?是不是一副很緊張的樣子?
   
B : Generally speaking, I think it was pretty good except you were not loud enough. Actually, I'm beginning to feel uptight about mine. I have to give it next week.
我覺得整體而言還算蠻大方的,只不過聲音有點小。下禮拜就輪到我了,我已經開始緊張了。