註:在本單元裡,中文與英譯未採逐句對應。
 

編號

日期

聲音檔

對 話 內 容

    九月開學篇 整段對話 (3'14'')
September (2) School is in Session

047.

09-16

A : How many credit hours are you taking this semester?
你這學期總共修了多少學分呢?
   
B : I'm taking eleven courses, for a total of 22 hours.
我總共修了 11 門課, 22 學分。

048.

09-17

A Almost all the courses for freshman are required. We don't get to choose many electives until we're sophomores.
一年級幾乎都是必修課,二年級以後才有比較多的選修課。
   
B : Media Literacy is a university requirement. It's a special feature at Shih Hsin.
「媒體識讀」是校必修,聽說這一門課是世新的特色。

049.

09-18

A : There's a course description for every class so you know what it's about.
我們每一門課都有發課程大綱,這樣的確清楚多了。
   
B : Yeah, and you'd better pay attention to how each course's grade is determined.
要特別注意一下每一位老師成績評定的方式喔。

050.

09-19

A This course doesn't have a midterm or final exam. Instead, it requires an oral presentation and term papers.
這一門課沒有期中考和期末考,是用上台簡報和交報告的方式。
   
B : Gee! I'm not used to writing term papers.
怎麼辦?我以前沒寫過報告!
   
A : Don't worry. I'm sure the professor will give us some advice.
別擔心,到時候老師會指導我們的!

051.

09-20

A : The textbooks are all so thick.
大學的教科書都好厚喔!
   
B : They're more than just thick, they're also pretty expensive.
不僅厚,價格也不便宜呢。
   
A : Especially, the imported ones.
尤其是原文書。

052.

09-21

A : Did you buy your books yet?
教科書你都買了嗎?
   
B : Some teachers don't designate any specific textbooks but rather list many reference books. It'll cost us a small fortune if we have to buy them all.
有一些老師沒有指定教科書,可是列了好多參考書目。買起來可要花不少錢ㄝ!
   
A : Maybe there's a way to get around that. We could look for them at the library. I heard the selection and service at the library is pretty good.
沒關係,可以上圖書館問問看。聽說學校的圖書館員服務態度很不錯!

053.

09-22

A : Did the teacher pass out any handouts today?
今天老師有發講義嗎?
   
B : No. She puts them on her website and we have to go online to download them.
老師說放在她的網站上,要我們自己去下載。
   
A : What's the address of her website?
網址是什麼呢?
   
B : It's not on the syllabus?
課程大綱上不是有嗎?

054.

09-23

A : Any questions? Class.
同學們,有沒有問題?
   
B : Professor, could you please speak more slowly and go over the important points again?
老師,您剛講太快了,可以再解釋一遍嗎?

055.

09-24

A : I heard that starting this semester the reading room on the first floor of the library is open around the clock.
聽說上學期開始,圖書館一樓的閱覽室廿四小時開放。
   
B : That's great. However, burning the midnight oil is not a habit I want to get into.
服務這麼好!那考試的時候我們就可以一起熬夜唸書了。

056.

09-25

A : Where can I find copiers on campus?
學校哪裡有影印機?
   
B : Practically every building has at least one but you'll need to buy a copy card first.
幾乎每一棟大樓都有,不過要先買影印卡。

057.

09-26

A : Why didn't you show up for English class this morning?
你早上英文課怎麼沒來?
   
B : I didn't pick English as my second language. I chose Japanese instead.
我沒修英文啊,我選的是日文。
   
A : Oh, I thought you cut class or something.
我還以為你翹課呢!

058.

09-27

A : Do you have class today?
你今天有課嗎?
   
B : Yes, I have six hours of class, with a two-hour slot in between. Do you know any place I can go during my break?
有六節課ㄝ。中間有兩小時的空堂,不知道可以去哪裡?
   
A : Well, you can go to the audio-visual area of the library to watch VCDs or DVDs.
可以去圖書館的視聽區借 VCD 看。

059.

09-28

A : The teacher called roll this morning.
早上有點名喔!
   
B : Oops, I overslept today.
糟糕,我睡過頭了。
   
A : Be sure to get an excuse or your absence will count double.
你要記得請假,不然就會算曠課了。

060.

09-29

A : Next week I have to hand in an assignment and it can't be handwritten. But I don't have a computer, not to mention a printer.
下個禮拜要交作業,老師說要用列印的,可是我沒有電腦,更不用說印表機了。
   
B : You can go to the Computer Center. They have computers and printers.
你可以去電算中心的自由上網區用電腦和列印。
   
A : Do I need to take my own paper?
要自己準備紙張嗎?
   
B : No, they provide paper.
不用!

061.

09-30

A : Okay, the bell is about to ring. I would like to ask you all to stay after class for a meeting?
同學們,待會下課後請留下來開班會。
   
B : Will our class advisor be at the meeting?
請問班代,我們導師會來嗎?
   
A : Of course, he'll be with us.
當然!