註:在本單元裡,中文與英譯未採逐句對應。
 

編號

日期

聲音檔

對 話 內 容

    九月校園環境篇 整段對話 (3'31'')
September (1) On Campus

032.

09-01

A : We are now at the front entrance of Shih Hsin.
這邊就是世新的前校門。
   
B : So this is the famous tunnel entrance. It is unique, indeed.
原來這就是有名的山洞口,的確很特別!

033.

09-02

A : I've heard that the Shih Hsin campus is also known as “Green Valley.”
聽說我們學校有個外號叫「翠谷」。
   
B : Yes, look. Once you get through the tunnel, both sides are slopes of lush greenery. It's really a site to see.
是呀!你看,出了隧道後,兩旁的斜坡都是綠油油的,看了很舒服。

034.

09-03

A : What's the address of the University?
我們學校的地址是什麼呢?
   
B : It's No 1, Lane 17, Mucha Road, Section 1, Wenshan District, Taipei City, 116.
116 台北市文山區木柵路一段 17 巷 1 號。

035.

09-04

A : What's the phone number?
我們學校的電話是什麼呢?
   
B : It's (02) 2236-8225.
代表號是 2236-8225 。

036.

09-05

A : Is that Jingmei Stream just in front of the university?
校門口面對的那條溪就是「景美溪」嗎?
   
B : Yes, and that's Xindian City right on the other side.
是呀!對岸就是新店市了。

037.

09-06

A : So the Ministry of Examinations and the National Examination Center are right next to the University?
原來考試院和國家考場就在學校附近。
   
B : Yeah, if you go along Shi-yuan Road past several buildings of the Ministry of Examinations, it will lead you to the rear gate of the university.
從考試院旁邊的試院路進來,可以到學校的後校門。

038.

09-07

A : Tomorrow is orientation day for freshman. I wonder if it'll be boring.
明天就要新生訓練了,不知道會不會很無聊?
   
B : I don't think so. I can't wait to meet my classmates and my advisor.
我已經等不及要認識我的新同學和導師了。

039.

09-08

A : Do you know what the orientation is for?
新生訓練的目的是什麼呢?
   
B : I guess it's intended to give freshman a sense of direction and purpose.
就是給新生一個「方向」和「定位」啊!
   
A : I heard there will also be a physical check-up tomorrow.
聽說明天也要作健康檢查。

040.

09-09

A : Did you know that the She-wo Building is the tallest structure on campus?
「舍我樓」是校園裡最高的建築。
   
B : No, why is it called the She-wo Building?
為什麼叫「舍我樓」呢?
   
A : It's to commemorate the founder of the university, Cheng, She-wo.
為了紀念學校的創辦人和老校長成舍我。

041.

09-10

A : The sports field seems a bit small.
學校的操場好像有點小。
   
B : Yeah but there have been some great cheerleading and dance competitions held there over the years. Teams from Shih Hsin often do very well in the national championships.
可是世新的啦啦隊和舞蹈隊等都非常有名,經常拿全國冠軍喔!

042.

09-11

A : What do the codes, such as A201, C101, G301 and W301 stand for?
A201 、 C101 、 G301 這些英文代號是指什麼呢?
   
B : The letters represent the various buildings on campus: A for Auditorium, C for Communications, G for General Education and W for World. The numbers show the floor and the room.
那是各棟大樓的代號, A 是指大禮堂, C 是指傳播大廈, G 是指通識大樓。第一個阿拉伯數字是指樓層。
   
A : I see.
聽你這麼一說,我就清楚了。

043.

09-12

A : Where's the office for our department?
我們的系辦在哪裡呢?
   
B : It's S502, so that's on the fifth floor of the She-wo Building.
在舍我樓五樓 S502 。
   
A : Is the departmental association on the same floor?
系學會也是嗎?
   
B : Gee. You got me. Usually they're on the same floor, aren't they?
這我就不清楚了,不過通常應該都是在同一個樓層吧。

044.

09-13

A : The school restrooms look pretty clean.
我覺得學校的廁所蠻乾淨的。
   
B : Your right. In fact Shih Hsin has received an award for cleanliness from the city government.
是呀。這可是有拿到台北市政府的優良公廁獎喔!
   
A : I just wish they would put a sign on the door so people could tell whether it was a sit or a squat toilet.
如果每一間的門口能再加上「蹲式」或「坐式」的標記就更好了,這樣就不會等錯間。

045.

09-14

A : Are you going to the university Registrar?
你要去註冊組嗎?
   
B : No, I'm going to the Bursar's office to apply for a tuition waiver or reduction.
不是的,我想去出納組申請學雜費減免。
   
A : I think you are supposed to go to the Office of Student Affairs for that. If I'm not mistaken, the deadline for tuition waivers is over.
這個好像要問學務處,而且這學期好像已經截止了。
   
B : Are you sure?
什麼!真的假的?

046.

09-15

A : The university has a post office with two ATMs outside.
學校裡有一家郵局,郵局外頭有兩台自動提款機。
   
B : That reminds me that I have to open an account and get an ATM card.
我要去開戶,順便辦個金融卡。