註:在本單元裡,中文與英譯未採逐句對應。
 

編號

日期

聲音檔

對 話 內 容

    八月入學準備篇 整段對話 (4'03'')
August (2) Going to University

016.

08-16

A : I'm going to study at Shih Hsin University!
我考上世新大學了!
   
B : Me too! Are you as excited as I am?
我也是,真是太棒了!

017.

08-17

A : What's your major?
你是什麼系呢?
   
B : I'm in the department of Journalism.
新聞學系 。
   
A : That's in the College of Communications, isn't it?
那是哪一個學院的呢?
   
B : Yeah, that's right.
應該就是新聞傳播學院吧!

018.

08-18

A : Did you get much information about Shih Hsin?
你有收到學校寄來的資料嗎?
   
B : Yeah. Lots of it. From the school and the department, as well.
有啊,好多資料喔,有學校的,也有系上的。
   
A : Do you know if you can get information about the school and specific programs online?
我想上網再多查詢一些資料。
   
B : Sure. Shih Hsin's website is www.shu.edu.tw. It's very informative.
你看,這是學校的網址 “www.shu.edu.tw” 。

019.

08-19

A : There's so much content on the website. Where do we begin?
學校的網站內容這麼多,要先看哪裡呢?
   
B : I guess we could browse the department's website. Or maybe since we're freshmen, we should check out the Office of Student Affairs first.
除了自己的系之外,對於我們新生,可以先逛逛學務處的網站喔。

020.

08-20

A : When does school begin?
學校什麼時候開學呢?
   
B : In mid-September, I think.
大約是九月中。

021.

08-21

A : I'm thinking of applying for a room in the school dormitory. What about you?
我想申請學校的宿舍,你呢?
   
B : I'm not sure but I think I'd rather rent a place off campus. That way I'll have more freedom.
我想在校外租房子,我覺得住校外比較自由。
   
A : But don't you think it's more convenient to live on campus?
可是住校內的宿舍比較方便呀!

022.

08-22

A What kind of place are you looking for? Just a room or one with a private bathroom?
你想找什麼樣的房子?雅房或套房?
   
B : I think I'll have to share a bathroom. One with a private bathroom would be too expensive for me.
雅房就好了,套房太貴了。

023.

08-23

A : Look! There's a link to “housing information” under the Office of Student Affairs.
你看,學務處的網站,有一個「租屋資訊系統」ㄝ!
   
B : Let me take a look. Hmm, a room costs about 3 to 5000 and one with a private bath costs around 6 to 8.
讓我瞧瞧,嗯 ~ 雅房大約三千到五千,套房大約六千到八千。
   
A : We had better check to see if the rent includes the utility fees.
要注意看房租有沒有含水電喔!

024.

08-24

A : Where is Shih Hsin located?
世新位在哪裡呢?
   
B : It's in Wenshan district in southeastern Taipei.
台北市的文山區。
   
A : Oh, I thought it was in Xindian City in Taipei County.
我還以為是在台北縣的新店市呢!

025.

08-25

A : Is Shih Hsin near an MRT station?
世新附近有捷運嗎?
   
B : Yes, the nearest stop is Jingmei station on the Danshui-Xindian line. From the MRT station, it's about a ten minute walk or you can catch a bus near the exit. Bus numbers 251, 253, 666, 660 and Brown # 6 all pass by Shih Hsin.
有啊,淡水新店線,搭到景美站下車後再走約十分鐘就到了。 不然也有好幾線公車可以轉乘,像 253 、 660 或棕 6 等。

026.

08-26

A : Today, a senior student in my department called me.
今天系上的學長姊有打電話給我ㄝ!
   
B : How exciting!
真好!

027.

08-27

A : Do you happen to know any Shih Hsin alumni?
你認識世新畢業的人嗎?
   
B : My aunt is a graduate of Shih Hsin, but she thinks Shih Hsin is a much better school now than when she studied there.
我姑姑就是世新的校友,不過她說現在學校的建設比起她那時代已經進步太多了!
   
A : Your aunt, you mean the one who's an anchorwoman at one of the TV networks? So she's a Shih Hsin alumnus!
你姑姑?你是說在當新聞主播那位嗎?原來她是世新的!

028.

08-28

A : Are there any big supermarkets near the school?
學校附近有大賣場嗎?
   
B : Yes, there's one and there's also a famous night market nearby. Eating and shopping are both very convenient.
有啊,還有一個很有名的景美夜市,不管是購買生活用品或吃東西都蠻方便的。
   
A : That's great. I'm very relieved to hear that.
這樣我就放心了。

029.

08-29

A : So all I need to do is to bring some clothing to Taipei. I can shop for the rest when I get there.
我們只要帶一些衣物上台北就好了吧,其餘的等上去後再買。
   
B : My mom already has everything packed for me: soap, shampoo, towels, clothes hangers, and a hairdryer. She even put in mugs, tissue paper, and chopsticks for me.
我媽幫我準備了一大堆東西,香皂、洗髮精、毛巾、衣架、吹風機,連衛生紙、馬克杯、筷子都有。

030.

08-30

A : I've been living at home all my life. I'm a little worried about living alone in Taipei.
我從小就住家裡,有點擔心一個人上台北會不習慣。
   
B : I know what you mean. I'm beginning to envy those who come from Taipei.
開始羨慕起那些家就住在台北的同學了。
   
A : Well, just think of the overseas students. You have to really admire them, having to cope with the problems of moving to a whole new country.
我也開始佩服起僑生了。

031.

08-31

A : So, starting from next month, we'll be college students.
下個月起,我們就是大學生了。
   
B : Say good-bye to high school and let's welcome our new beginning as university students.
告別過去,迎接我們的未來吧!
   
A : Let's hear it for College life!
大學生活萬歲!